Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Red Cathedrals

Shooting stars
You pull me out that way
Out rounded by gravity
Masses of faded image
Rubbed down to ground
Shooting stars in your direction
Visible pathways
That dart your eye
Like the tail end flash
Running through red
Red eyed spiders
Hatching lightening and flash floods
You think last forever
but only last five minutes...

Expiration reveals itself in time...
and then...
On to a different container...


Shooting stars
You pull me in this way
Like creosote
Giving life to my smell
with your hot breath
I see stars
Shooting in all directions
From then to now
will to now
dream to now
else to now
cells to now...

One special rock out of trillions,
I like to call mine...
MY...
MY...
MY...

It's quiet here.
There's a cricket behind the toilet.
It stops chirping when I sit down.
I'm quiet here.

Then...

Foreign matter
suck me deep into ground
in search for water...
Smells like burning
Shades formed in mid sentence
Filled with hot air
bursting onto the horizon
like hot plates
served to your saliva
Upon waking
from hardened lava
Stratified by my conditioning...
my hike towards something greater...
MY conditioning...
MY...
MY...
MY...

It's overwhelmingly soft here...
Amongst all this red rock...
cold marble
soft sand
and salt stars
vaulted in the formation of my eye...

This exists...
allowing existence...
and I'm here...
Scared to revel at my own beauty.
Scared to revel at my own death.

MY...
MY...
MY...

It's quiet here.

No comments: